Friday, December 02, 2005

A Little Help From My Fiends

If you haven't heard Beatallica yet, they're worth a listen. As the name suggests, this group recasts classic Beatles songs with Metallica-style arrangements and heavy metal lyrics. Their chops are good enough that they're more than a one-trick pony, and there's fun to be had in playing tracks like The Thing That Should Not Let It Be and I Want To Choke Your Band. My favorite so far combines Me and My Monkey with Ticket To Ride in a homage to electrocution. The title? Everybody's Got A Ticket To Ride The Lightning! The site offers free track downloads (including radio edits), lyrics, and more. Listen now, before Beatles Inc. forces them into hiding (there's been some preliiminary legal skirimishing, but as of now, you can still see them standing there).

2 Comments:

Blogger Froggy said...

I took a listen. I kinda liked "Hey Dude." :-)

1:59 PM  
Blogger DJStan said...

Yeah, they've got a nice concept (reminds me of Dread Zeppelin), and do it well enough to be fun - once, anyway.

10:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home